Experience working with
- Early childhood
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Senior Citizens
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- Primary and secondary schools in Colombia. I worked in two community centers at NDG (Montreal). I also was invited to work at l'École des Marguerite in Nun's Island to teach Latin rhythms in Spanish to Kindergardent students . And at the primary School Sainte-Lucie to prepare a choreography for the celebration of the intercultural week. In this moment I'm teaching Latin rhythms in 2 HLM (Low-Rent Housing) for Seniors.
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
- I am available for travel within the same day
I graduated as a professional classical dance performer and as a classical dance teacher; I also added jazz dance and theater to my artistic practice. I obtained a master's degree in dance pedagogy in Montreal. I have many years of experience working with people from 3 to 80 years old in different contexts. Thanks to trainings in Reiki, Mindfulness, Resonance Repatterning among other methods promoting well-being, I take a holistic approach in my teaching, and I adapt it to the students needs.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedIn my approach I focus on:
* Self-confidence, commitment to work, feeling comfortable, respect for oneself and for others and giving the best of themselves.
* Classes take place in a calm and joyful atmosphere.
* My teaching is adapted to the physical, emotional, psychic and energetic capacities of each of the participants.
* I believe that the teaching-learning process is a shared process between the teacher and the learners.
Workshop example: introduction of bodily expression in children from 3 to 10 years old: We start with a warm-up, then I offer exploration and improvisation techniques to connect with the elements of fire, water, air and earth. We also see some basic principles of classical ballet. They learn to dance merengue, one of the characteristic rhythms of Latin culture. In all these steps, children learn to connect with their emotions to express them through movement. They also learn to use space when they dance. They share with their classmates their own way of dancing.