Music & Sound
Sir Wilfrid Laurier
Experience working with
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal and Career Planning
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- My experience comes from working with Ecole Michelet for the last 15 years as a full time teacher and for teaching at various school boards between 1997 and 2002.
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- English Montreal
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- I am available for travel within the same day
- I am available for travel overnight
Hello, my name is J.P. Mortier. I am a singer-songwriter, recording artist, audio engineer and producer with 6 albums as a solo artist and have toured Canada 5 times. I've worked as a teacher (visual arts and music) in a private elementary school for 15 years. I also have a BFA in Fine Arts specialized in drawing and painting. I propose creative workshops in song writing and writing music as well as a workshop combining the 2 disciplines of music and visual art.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedI offer workshops in music and visual art. The workshops can be in one discipline or may touch on both.
For musical projects, my workshops would favour creativity and leave the students with the satisfaction of having created a work of their own. The goal is to give the student a chance to develop and express their artistic potential with a tangible result: a song of their own.
I have experience in all forms of musical production and depending on the age of the students, I can adapt a workshop that may focus on one or more of the stages of song production (writing, pre-production and recording) depending on the level of the student and the equipment available.
I am also a visual artist and enjoy working on drawing and painting projects as well.
A workshop combining both disciplines would focus on one discipline first (a painting or other visual art) and then using that result, we would use it to inspire another creation in the second discipline (a song).
J.P. Mortier plays