Experience working with
- Early childhood
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- Sur Place Media Online Workshops
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- I am available for travel within the same day
- I am available for travel overnight
- An extended residency is an option
Originally from British Columbia, I moved to Montréal, Québec in 2006 where I completed my MFA at Concordia University in 2013. My work in painting & drawing focuses on the vibrant materiality of the human form within the natural and manufactured world. My work also extends into photography, illustration, large-scale puppets, and sets and costumes within TV/film and theatre. My practice is woven together with a dedicated teaching and facilitation practice for students of all ages.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedDrawing As a Way of Seeing.
This workshop series takes students through a series of skill-building explorations designed to develop abilities in drawing & rendering. We will use a variety of media (wet and dry) and practice with many subjects, images, and references. Drawing is also a perfect tool to explore their own creative interests and voice! Each session will start with a brief body-based drawing meditation, that will help bring some of their own ideas and impulses to light.
Create a Mix-Media Mural!
This workshop offers students a chance to explore paint and textiles, building up individual pieces that are sewn together into one group creation! The workshop begins with a writing and drawing exercise to pool the ideas and values of the group and create a theme for the mural.
Past groups have drawn on themes of Water, Land Protection, The Future, and Community.