Specialities: Collage, Creative writing, Drawing, Improvisation, Non-fiction writing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Public Installations, Recycling/upcylcing art projects, Screenplay writing, Sculpture, Storytelling
Experience working with
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Senior Citizens
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal and Career Planning
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Media Literacy
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
I've received CHSSN Mental Health Initiative training for:
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- English School of Paris (Head, Art department)
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- Available for online workshops.
- I am not available for travel
Anne Lewis is a professional artist (in the collection of Montreal Museum of Fine Arts), experienced art teacher (English School of Paris, Concordia University Department of Fine Arts), and professional narrative coach with a background supporting vulnerable adolescents struggling in school (Jewish General Hospital after-school program, and McGill University-affiliated Taylor Adolescent Program). Her art practice is at the intersection of media and visual art.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedCombining current news, personal stories and visual art we are going to make collages or assemblages (3D collages) to try make sense of the barrage of media that is coming at us at lightning speed. We use found objects, recycled household items, and personal objects.
This could work well in tandem with media, English, ethics and art teachers.
Anne aims for an experience that's relevant, meaningful and enjoyable. Her approach can be tailored to your needs:
• A short class discussion of current events of interest to the participants.
• Exploration of what's bothering people on their newsfeeds.
• Art from everyday (found) objects - examples of Ready Made art (French artist Marcel Duchamp through to U.S. Artist Tracy Emin), collage and assemblage.
• What's creativity?
• Screening a short video "The Field Hospital" about her work.
• Learning about symbols and metaphors.
• Bringing words into visual art.
• Mind maps.