Anna Jane McIntyre
Experience working with
- Early childhood
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Senior Citizens
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal and Career Planning
- Media Literacy
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- Art Gallery of Ontario, Montessori
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- I am available for travel within the same day
I am a visual artist with a practice combining printmaking, drawing, sculpture, sound, performance, storytelling, biology, movement, installation and microactivism. I have taught all ages ranging from Montessori to adult education! My experience in education has imbued me with a philosophy of teaching that is rooted in a deep respect for the students, optimism in their abilities, flexibility of approach for different learning styles and a delight in student's successes.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedI am an artist and educator with a passion for both the arts and biology.
I have an MFA in printmaking and am a multidisciplinary artist who enjoys incorporating storytelling, drawing, textile arts and sculpture.
I am happy to work with all ages and especially enjoy giving intergenerational art classes.
I can work in daycare, schools, community centres or with individual families.
In my classes 'mistakes' are opportunities for invention.
Workshop projects could be:
Observational and meditative drawing
Writing and illustrating stories
Book and zine making
Creating personal legends
The sky is the limit and I can work with almost any theme.