Experience working with
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal and Career Planning
- Media Literacy
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laurentian
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- I am available for travel within the same day
- I am available for travel overnight
- An extended residency is an option
Snowglobe's mission is to promote the love of English language theatre, and to provide opportunities for new and emerging artists to hone their craft. We produce at least two productions a year, featuring a diverse range of talents which include working professionals, aspiring actors, community theatre performers, and students as young as 12. We have a strong focus on fostering talent, and we believe a variety of backgrounds improves the learning environment.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedTheatre should be exciting and getting everyone involved is a high priority. We come in with a structured approach but assess the personalities and needs of students quickly to provide what will serve them best. We offer challenging material to get them thinking and moving, which relates to their real lives so they form a connection right away. The aim is not only greater artistic sensibility but general personal development.
One category of activities are theatre workshops in the classroom, which can be on any number of topics: acting, scene study, character work, improv, text analysis, and movement are just some of the possibilities. We discuss specific activities with the teacher to meet their goals for their class.
Another category is attendance at our productions, accompanied by educational features such as talkbacks, workshops, and interactions between students and actors (including both verbal and active participation).
Larger projects are open to discussion.