Julie Prescesky - All booked up for the 2020/2021 school year. Get a head start and contact me to book your 2021/2022 ArtistsInspire Grants experience
Specialities: Comics, Creative writing, Drawing, Graphic Novels, Mask-making, Nature-focused art, Outdoor Art-making, Painting, Printmaking, Recycling/upcylcing art projects, Storytelling
Lester B. Pearson
Experience working with
- Early childhood
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Senior Citizens
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- SCBWI.org (canadaeast.scbwi.org - I am the Montreal coordinator)
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir WilfridWilfrid Laurier – Laurentian
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- All, flexibility based on specifics presented at the time.
- All options will be considered based on what kind of craziness is happening in the world, like ... a pandemic.
I am a down to earth, fun, all-around creative personality - an illustrator, artist, designer, writer. I love to problem solve. My educational background is mostly in fine arts, sprinkled with some graphic design. I love history and storytelling and feel creative practices are a great tool for improving overall mental health. My favourite thing to do is ... to try new things. Things that seem too hard, or that might require me to experiment. I also love daily drawing and painting practices.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedI can bring a full presentation, or if you have ideas and need a creative collaborator, I'm your gal. I have experience teaching kids and adults in community contexts. I'm happy to teach all ages.
In the past, I've taught classes ranging from urban sketching to printmaking to visual journaling to sewing, and more.
For the time being, I am happy to deliver online courses, or activities outdoors (like urban sketching).
For online interaction, based on our conversation/planning, I would combine live Zoom sessions with other recorded video instruction and supplementary pdfs. For example, I have a few videos on how and why it's great to keep a daily diary, and why using illustration can be fun.
I regularly explore how making art is a way of seeing, and/ or finding. Drawing is about decoding what we see/imagine and translating it to paper. Art-making can often be about getting to know ourselves, how to be patient and perseverant. Art for mental health and critical thinking!
Video playback of a digital drawing about making a daily diary.
A live walk-through how I urban sketch.