Emily Rose Michaud
Specialities: Drawing, Murals, Nature-focused art, Outdoor Art-making, Painting
Experience working with
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
- Senior Citizens
- Adult Learners
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- ELAN’s ACE Initiative
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- I am available for travel within the same day
- I am available for travel overnight
- An extended residency is an option
Other ELAN ArtEd LinksStories and News:
Emily Rose Michaud is an interdisciplinary artist and educator working at the crossroads of community organization, ecology and civic participation. Her work highlights the social importance of marginal landscapes, engages with land as a living entity, and maintains a practice in ephemeral media. Her body of work encompasses land-based art, installation, drawing, writing, and intervention. Michaud holds a BFA (Concordia, Montréal) and a B.Ed (University of Ottawa), and is based in Gatineau.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedExplore environmentally + socially engaged art, cultivate agency on ecological issues, foster creative confidence, independent thought, deepen artistic skills. My workshop programming is suitable for subjects in art + nature (earth sciences, ecology, biology, geography, history). Work with colour, texture, drawing, perception, measurement; explore the relationship between person + place. Available online!
1. Drawing - Reflections H20: Create a six-sided hexagon with a centre pattern to learn more about water.
2. Drawing - Nature Journaling 101: Record your observations of the natural world in a journal through rubbings, pressed plants + drawing tricks.
3. *DIY Pigments & Paint: Produce an archival (permanent), artist quality paint, based on age old recipes.
4. *Linocut Printmaking: Learn basic techniques of linocut printmaking. Design, carve + print your own piece.
5. Collective Mural making!
*Material fees apply. Contact artist 3 weeks prior to workshop date (for shipping time).
MASC (Multicultural Arts Schools Communities)