Film, Photo & Digital Media
Specialities: Photography, Stop Motion Animation
Experience working with
- Cycle 1 Elementary
- Cycle 2 Elementary
- Cycle 3 Elementary
- Secondary 1 & 2
- Secondary 3 & 4
- Secondary 5
I regularly explore the following Broad Areas of Learning/Themes in my work
- Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Awareness and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Citizenship and Community Life (Identity & Belonging)
Listed in the Quebec Culture in the Schools Repertoire
I have experience working with
- Quebec Writers’ Federation’s Writers in the Communities Program
I can facilitate virtual creative experiences
School board areas you are available to work in
- Central Quebec - Quebec City & Environs
- Central Quebec - Rural/Regional Schools
- Cree School Board
- Eastern Shores - Gaspe/Coast
- Eastern Shores - Lower St. Lawrence
- Eastern Shores - Magdalen Islands
- Eastern Townships
- English Montreal
- Kativik School Board
- Lester B Pearson - outside Montreal transportation areas (STM)
- Lester B Pearson - within public transit area
- Littoral - Lower North Shore
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay
- New Frontiers - Chateauguay Valley
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Lanaudiere
- Sir WilfridWilfrid Laurier – Laurentian
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier – Laval
- Western Quebec - Northern area
- Western Quebec - Southern area (Hull, Wakefield etc)
- I am available for travel within the same day
- I am available for travel overnight
- An extended residency is an option
Other ELAN ArtEd LinksStories and News:
- Green Screens for St. Johns teens!
- ELAN ArtEd: Connecting through the Arts
- Helping Students Harness the Potential of Film, Photo and Digital Media
I'm a cinematographer, an editor, and a photographer . I I also play tons of sports, love to travel, thrive in new environments and am happiest when I'm outdoors on a mountain or in the woods. I have been filming and teaching video/ in schools for years (New Frontiers School Board, John Abbott College, Concordia University) and have worked with kids of all ages. I also believe in giving back which is why I'm always on the lookout for organizations who could benefit from any of my work.
Creative Approach and Experiences OfferedI have extensive experience in the world of visual arts (mainly film and video but also photography, design, sound etc) and I have also worked with kids my entire life (TA at John Abbott & Concordia, Parks and Recreation for the City of Pointe Claire). It is the ability to draw on both these assets that allow me to teach and work with students successfully.
I believe in a hands on approach and learning through doing. Someone teaching should be there to facilitate, not govern, nor remain in the background and mistakes should not be seen as failures but opportunities to improve.
My background is filmmaking and I am well versed in both professional equipment (old and new) as well as using new technology like ipads, phones, apps etc.
I'm also a firm believer that environmental awareness, education and health are topics that are paramount and should be covered regularly.
I pride myself on being extremely versatile since every project can have its own unique set of parameters.
Cinematography, editing, sound, colour correction
What does film & video offer students & teachers